Saturday, March 2, 2013

Jefferson's Recap of 5 Miles

The 5 mile run on Saturday was great. Everything started off as it usually did and I decided that I would jog at a faster pace than usual since it was only 5 miles as opposed to 10 or even 12 miles. I started my run confidently and I did my best to keep my form during the run. The lap around the lake felt very fast and it seems like each time that I run around the lake time goes by faster and faster. This makes me feel awesome and I try to run the lake a bit faster each time. I remember that on the very first training session 9 weeks ago at Lake Merritt running 2 miles seemed like a big deal to me. I used to get tired after running my first mile and I didn't really know how I could run 13.1 miles. As the Saturday runs started adding up I noticed that I didn't feel tired after running a couple of miles. I was able to build up my endurance by increasing my mileage each time. As the half-marathon approaches I will continue to run and give it my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment