Saturday, February 9, 2013

8 Mile Recap

The students ran 8 miles today!  What an accomplishment!  They are definitely on their way to meeting the 13.1 mile goal!  Eduardo recaps the run today:


Running 8 miles seemed like the ultimate challenge to me. I woke up
that morning thinking that I was going to die during the run. I also
knew that Mr. Schooler was not going to be there, which meant that I
had to set my own pace. The first couple of miles felt like nothing. I
decided to run with one of the volunteers from RBO who was a
ultra-marathoner. He told me about his struggles while running 105
miles and gave me some useful advice. He told me that its better to
start off slow and then pick up the pace towards the end. The one
thing that I made sure to do this run was hydrate. After each lap
around the lake I made sure I drank water before starting the next
lap. I was glad I stayed hydrated because it really helped. It wasn't
until close to the 6th mile where I began to grow tired. I took the
volunteers advice and i picked up my pace after the 6th mile.
Surprisingly, I felt good going through the last two miles and the
pace felt good. As I came to the final stretch, I felt relieved and
picked up my pace just a little more. Once I reached the RBO tent I
was greeted by Junior and Victor. Despite my doubts, it feels good to
have accomplished running 8 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment