Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Wednesday's 4 Mile Recap

Karina recaps today's 4 mile run. One struggle I've had as coach of the running club is working with such a large group of students who run at different paces.  When everyone shows up for the runs it makes it easier to group them with others who run at their pace but when some students don't make the runs it's hard.  Given that we are 5 weeks away from the half marathon, I hope ALL students make EVERY run from now on!


"I got kind of lost so I ended up running a little more than I should have but nevertheless made it. I had to stop a few times in the beginning but I caught up with Shelby and from there we ran a bit faster.  We ended up catching up with the first group and finished before them. This practice run was somewhat easy for me. Running is difficult when you don't have the right running partner to talk and encourage with.  I am actually excited for the 10 mile run this Saturday, I want to see how far I can go. I still don't know what are the requirements to be considered a  "runner" except from running but I just hope I will get in the habit of running more on my own in the future. I want to continue participating in these type of things, it's exciting."


Karina is definitely a runner in my eyes!  I hope she begins to see herself as one as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment