Saturday, February 23, 2013

Ana Laura's Recap of 10 Miles

The feeling I got finishing these last 10 miles was great! I felt like I was on a natural high - I didn't know that it would feel that incredible. I thought I was going to be super tired and sore but I actually wasn't - especially because I didn't walk any of it. They also introduced us to Gu and it helped so much. JJ and I said that it will become our new energy go to energy. It was awesome!! 

Preparing for it mentally I would tell myself that I couldn't give up and even if I had to walk I was going to finish it. Also I had to prepare myself physically. During the week JJ and I ran 4 miles each day. It helped me a lot to speed up a little bit and she helped me a lot on just pushing me and telling that I could do it. During the 10 miles JJ and I ran together the whole time and she made it seem so easy for me, well for the both of us. If at a point I would see her tired I would tell her that we could do it and she would do the same. We just really helped helped each other. Personally I don't think I could if done it without her support. She was literally there with me from the beginning to the end.
 
On January 5th I started this journey as it just being something else to do. But now it's all I think about, all I want to do is keep working hard to finish this and make this the best experience ever. I run everyday just to make sure that, that next mile I run will be as easy as the last. It's a completely different experience but I'm super glad that I am doing it.  
 
I'm even more happy that I started this journey with my best friend and we will both finish it together. Running is really becoming something that my body asks for. It's just great. Even though those 13.1 miles are exactly a month way which make nervous I know I can do it. It will be a great accomplishment that I get to check off my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment