Saturday, January 5, 2013

First Training Recap: Ana Laura

Ana Laura recaps our first training run:

During the week leading up to my first training run for the half marathon, I was really anxious for what was in store for me. At some points I thought I was going to die, from not breathing right, getting an asthma attack, or like JJ would say die from falling into the lake. I thought the run was going to take hours or that I was going to be the last one. I kept imagining all these people running super fast and just passing me along. I tried telling myself that it was going to be easy to boost my confidence in this first run. Turns out it want that bad at all the two miles seemed pretty smooth and easy. At first running with Jj and Janette helped me because the three of us were starting something new together, something that basically no one really supported us in, they would just laugh when we would say we planned on running the half marathon. Also one of the volunteers helped through it by having small talk and just helping me push through the time where I thought I would just walk from there. The last 100 feet I would say seemed never ending like I was never going to get back but I did I made it! It felt super good finishing those two miles without stooping it was like I had to prove to myself that I could honestly get through anything I set myself to do. Not to mention the opening and closing speech Mrs. Schooler gave to us was uplifting and it helped a lot to know that someone was doing this for the first time as well. It was a very successful first training run!! Looking forward to all the other ones to come!!

-Ana Laura Castro '13
First time half marathon runner in training :D

No comments:

Post a Comment