Saturday, January 12, 2013

Third Training Recap: Ivan

We had our third training run this morning - 3 miles around Lake Merritt.  This was our second Saturday training with Running for a Better Oakland.  The students first ran one mile at an easy pace.  For mile two they were being timed and encouraged to give it all they had.  The last mile was at a recovery pace.  This was Ivan's first Saturday run as he couldn't make it last week.  Here he shares his thoughts on today's run:

When I first arrived I felt welcomed.  All the moderators were very respectful and they were committed 100% to Running For Better Oakland.  During the warm-up mile I met a couple different people.  I met this guy that happened to be a former graduate of Saint Elizabeth that was around his mid 20’s.  It was funny because I asked him if he knew Mr. Schooler and he said yes.  He didn’t realize that Mr. Schooler was right next to him. So they started talking and catching up.  Getting tested on the mile was pretty tiring because I put a lot of my effort to it.  As I ran by people I could see all the effort that all the other runners were putting in which encouraged me to do better and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment