Monday, January 28, 2013

Fleet Feet Sports

A few weeks ago I contacted Balega to ask if they would be willing to donate some running socks to my students.  I love Balega socks and have so far remained blister free and I wanted to share my love of these socks with my students.  Within a few hours I had an email from Brett of Fleet Feet Sports in San Francisco.  Brett told me that the President of Balega is a friend of his and he passed on my request to him.  He told me that he was happy to put in an order of socks for us and he asked us if we needed anything else.  I talked to him about the Running Club and said that for many of my students this was their first time running so many didn't have running shoes or other items. 

Brett arranged to get us some gear and came to St. Elizabeth today with his wife, Kim.  He talked to the students about the different type of running shoes available and brought a few different pairs to show students the differences.

 
Then he measured each student for a new pair of shoes!  Students got Brooks Ravenna running shoes, Balega socks, arm warmers, extra laces, and a running shirt - all donated to them!  Whatever sizes Brett and Kim didn't have with them, he ordered for them.  Each student got personalized attention. 

Miguel is pretty excited about getting new shoes!

 Shelby is getting measured.

I was absolutely blown away by the generosity of Brett and Kim of Fleet Feet Sports San Francisco.  They are two amazing people and each Running Club member is so thankful for what they have done for us.  If you are in the Marina area of San Francisco, head over to Fleet Feet Sports and show Brett and Kim some love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment