Friday, January 4, 2013

My Tiny Shoes

Jaontra shares her story of buying her running shoes:

I began looking for my shoes on Wednesday, December 19, 2012. It all started at the Nike Outlet in the Marina Square. I began to explain to my cousin that it would take a lot of work to find my shoes because my feet are so tiny. We walked toward the children's sections because I told him I wouldn't be able to fit into any of the women's sizes. We found a few nice pairs of shoes, and they were a 3.5. I thought I would be able to fit them, but I was terribly wrong. My cousin told me they were too big. So then I tried on the same shoe in a size 3, but once again, the shoe was too big. I began to grow frustrated and my cousin said that it was alright and we could just go somewhere else.

We started thinking about all the different malls we could go to and he decided we would go to Hillsdale in San Mateo. About an hour later we were in the mall searching for a Foot Locker. Finally we found it and I began looking at all the nice men and women running shoes. They were all so stylish, but then I got to the children's section and they were all disgusting and they all had straps. I asked if we could leave so we did. Then we went to Lady's Foot Locker to search for shoes but the smallest size they had was a 6. The lady in the store told us we should try Nordstrom so we did.

We went up to the third floor where the children's shoes were located. A man who worked there quickly assisted us and brought back three pairs of running shoes in a size 3 with straps, but as we knew before, those still wouldn't fit. I saw one pair I liked and asked for them in a 2.5 since I figured this would be my only option. Even though I was grumpy that I am 17 years old and I wear a 2.5 in shoes that needed straps, I was happy I finally found some shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment